About us - Why CAR?
The Center for Automotive Research (CAR) at The Ohio State University has a rich history of providing quality education to its graduate students as well as to its industrial partners since 1995.
Throughout the past 20 years, CAR has developed multi-formatted elearning solutions for the transportation industry based on innovative research in the areas of advanced propulsion systems, powertrain systems, and electrochemical energy systems.
CAR's advanced experimental facilities include:
- engine and vehicle dynamometers
- vibration, noise and acoustics laboratories
- intelligent and autonomous vehicle laboratories
- engine fluid mechanics and combustion research facilities
- electric, hybrid-electric propulsion and
- fuel cell and electrochemical energy storage research facilities.
These facilities offer students a real-world learning experience that maximizes the value of a certificate or degree earned through OSU CAR. The Automotive Systems Engineering Specialization, is a major which can partially be completed through distance learning classes.
Whether you need advanced engineering skills for a special work project or a new career path, eLearning at CAR will work with you and your company to create a targeted solution.