Students new to The Ohio State University should register for credit courses one month before classes begin to ensure admission to the Ohio State Graduate School and gain access to the course web site by the start of the semester.
- If you are enrolling for a distance education credit course and are paying your own fees, you can register and pay through Buckeye Link
- If you are enrolling in a distance education credit course authorized and paid for by your company, click here and complete the step-by-step instructions
- If you enrolling in a non-credit seminar, contact the Distance Education Office at 614-688-8575 or email@example.com to register and pay.
New Graduate Students
You must be enrolled in the Graduate School at Ohio State to receive graduate credit for Engineering Distance Education courses. If you have never attended Ohio State, you first must be admitted to the Graduate School before you can register. Click here to complete the Graduate Non-Degree Application process.
- Select “Columbus” for the campus desired
- International applicants: please see information and requirements regarding TOEFL
- Select “CED Contract Course” on the application ONLY if you are enrolling in a class authorized and paid for by your company
After your registration has been processed:
Course materials will be distributed online via streamed lectures on OSU's two learning management platform CARMEN (credit courses and Scarlet Canvas (non-credit seminars). After your registration for a credit course is processed, you will need to activate your Ohio State ID with the Ohio State Office of Information Technology at www.my.osu.edu. Once your Ohio State ID is activated, you can access course materials at www.carmen.osu.edu
For non-credit seminars, students will receive an email from Scarlet Canvas with instructions on setting up an account to access content. You will be able to use a work or personal email address to set up the account and do not need an OSU ID.
Contact CAR Continuing Education Manager, Marianne Weber at (614) 688-8574 or firstname.lastname@example.org