Students new to The Ohio State University should register for credit courses a month before classes begin to ensure admission to the Ohio State Graduate School and access to the course web site by the start of the semester.
Program descriptions and schedules:
- If you are enrolling for a distance education credit course and are paying your own fees, you can register and pay through Buckeye Link
- If you are enrolling in a distance education credit course authorized and paid for by your company, click here and complete the step-by-step instructions
- If you enrolling in a non-credit seminar, contact the Distance Education Office at 614-688-8575 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register and pay.
New Graduate Students
You must be enrolled in the Graduate School at Ohio State to receive graduate credit for Engineering Distance Education courses. If you have never attended Ohio State, you first must be admitted to the Graduate School before you can register. Click here to complete the Graduate Non-Degree Application process.
- Select “Columbus” for the campus desired
- International applicants: please see information and requirements regarding TOEFL
- Select “CED Contract Course” on the application ONLY if you are enrolling in a class authorized and paid for by your company
After your registration has been processed:
If you are taking your first distance education course at Ohio State, your next step is to activate your Ohio State ID and password for access to course materials and university e-mail.
You can then use your Ohio State ID and password to access course materials at www.carmen.osu.edu/. Once you log into the course, click the "Content" heading at the top of the page to navigate to course materials.